I realised, some time ago, that I don’t talk that much about myself. I mean, sure, I do give my opinion on plenty of subjects throughout my reviews, but I don’t share much personal information with you at all. Or do many random slice of life posts. At all. And my About Me page isn’t very detailed.
I feel like you don’t know me. And I think you feel like you don’t know me too… Could it be?
So I decided to change that and tell you a little about myself. I am aware that I should have done this when I first created this blog, but better late than ever, no?
Name: My real name is actually Monica, but I decided to go by Lola because that’s how I first called myself when I created my Goodreads account back in 2012 (wasn’t comfortable divulging my real name) so I just kept it since then. I feel like having a ‘‘nickname’’ actually bonds me to the imaginary world of books even more, as strange as it may sound.
Age: 17 going on 18!
Birthday: June 23rd (This year, it coincides with prom.)
– I live in Canada!
– I’m a ‘‘finissant’’ (Senior, I think?) in high school!
– I attend a French high school.
– English is my favorite language.
– I am Romanian and speak Romanian as well as French (naturally), English (duh) and a little bit of Spanish.
– I live with my mom and brother, Bogdan.
– I used to have a dog (Shih Tzu) but, when we moved out from our house, we had to give him to another family. I loved him so much. His name was Paco.
– I had a hamster named Ken once… and I fed him dog food and he died 😦 I was young…
– I started reading at 11 years old! I got my love of reading from my mom.
– I’m not very sportive at all, but I love watching and used to do gymnastics but now I mostly stick to rollerblading (started at 5 years old – I’m a pro, hééé).
(That's not me.)
– I love M/M romance, yaoi, LGBT!
– I don’t know what I want to become later in life, but I was accepted in a Languages profile at a CEGEP and contemplate becoming a librarian, oral translator, working in International Affairs or in a publishing company.
– Sometimes I spend hours searching for cool gifs/pictures.
– Although manga is one of my favorite genres, I can’t find it to enjoy watching anime. I get so bored. The only one I succeeded to watching 100+ episodes of is Fairy Tail but I quitted watching it too… But that’s okay since, for me, manga is enough. But I love anime gifs!
– I LOVE blogging and reviewing and interacting with you, guys!
That’s it for now, but I hope you feel like I am less of a stranger to you now. 🙂